Sunday, June 29, 2008

Roosters Rule

Chicken/Rooster Theme for Block in a Bag......
I searched and searched for rooster patterns similar to a ceramic rooster I saw on a catalog......and then tried to mush together a few different images - - a whole 'nother month of researching ......

My son's idea for the chicken theme was to skip looking for a chicken or rooster pattern - -and make a cow...I am not sure what he is talking about....and then he says - you know - like the chick-fil-a cow saying "eat more chicken." A funny idea but I wasn't sure it would fly with the block recipient....so back to searching for more chickens..roosters.....

Finally I found a reasonable pattern and cut it out, fused it on, stitched around it with regular thread and didn't like that at all.

Started over and used invisible thread...which I have never used. I never liked that shiny look the stitches gave off....but it was better than the regular thread that didn't match. Of course there were many minutes of adjusting the tension for the invisible thread and the bobbin thread to work together properly....changing the needle.....

Yes, I am growing and learning....but would someone remind me WHY I signed up for this stressful activity?????

So here they are......cockadoodledoo.....

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE! Great job!

My Library

FlyLady

FlyLady
Rid your life of clutter