Someone please remind me why I signed up for this activity - - oh yes, I wanted to create learning opportunities...oh now I see - what an enormous amount I have learned in creating block #2.
- If you wait till the last minute -multitudes of interruptions will occur to interfere with the amount of time you THOUGHT you had.
- Searching through many patterns and deciding which one without measuring it out - may result in an idea that won't fit the confines of the Block Activity - and you will have NO MORE TIME to look at patterns.
- Probably best to start with the requirements with regard to finished size and design down, rather than have a design idea, and while sketching it out at the last minute - you find the design doesn't fit.
- Method of creation needs to be explored and practiced prior to the last minute - otherwise you waste a bunch of fabric trying techniques that you aren't very good at and
- Finally - start early - create a sample - leave time for errors and getting HELP!!
So here it is - the Tea Party Block. Not at all what I had originally intended -but completed barely 5 hours prior to the meeting. PHEW!!