Finished...though I was working on it right up to the last minute I could submit it. Show next weekend... Maybe my fingers will heal from all the hand stitching of bindings and hanging sleeves by then. Maybe I should reconsider the strategy of starting the quilt 2 weeks before it is due. And have reviewed the pattern so I had some sense that it was TWIN BED SIZED - not a small wallhanging as the pattern picture implied. Hurrying does not lead to good workmanship, though overall I like the look of it.
Also entered: Breland's Stars - which was the only quilt I originally intended to enter so it was totally finished for his graduation gift. Machine pieced and quilted by me on a long arm quilting machine. So this morning I simply had to make the hanging sleeve.And my Mermaid from the Challenge in the fall. We were given a gift bag and had to match the % of the colors in the gift bag to what we used in our quilt. I got one that had all my favorite colors and it was my first attempt at a quilt like this. It has a lot more detail than the photos show here...buttons, yarns, beads, shells
Now it is on for the mad dash to finish Christmas gifts...would be nice to Not be sewing at 3 am on Christmas eve.